Friday, November 7, 2014

The Cliche Intro Blog Post

Hi there and welcome to my intro blog post on Snaps By Sassy!  I created this blog specifically to track my progress (or lack thereof) as I venture into the creative world of photography.  I have always loved taking photos with my little point and shoot camera, until it proved to be inadequate in certain significant situations.  In August 2012, my wonderful family went in on a group gift and surprised me with a Canon EOS Rebel T3 (1100D) for my birthday.

Fast forward 2 years, and I still have not a clue how to use the damn thing.  Sure, I have gotten a lot of good, nay, great shots with my fancy new camera, but I get lucky, often, shooting in Full Auto mode (aka the Green Square setting).  In August 2014, I decided to finally take a few photography classes from a fantastic small, local company called Photo Creatures, with the end goal to gain the knowledge and confidence to shoot in manual mode.  Needless to say, I'm far from that goal. Hopefully this blog will help get me there soon.

So here's the deal.  I aim to post a minimum of 1 blog per week, complete with metadata and my own assessment of each photo posted.  Each blog will feature a recent photo shoot of any number of subjects like my adorable nieces (the subject I love to photograph thee most), my lovable little cousins, my friends' darling kids, my family, my dog, landscapes, buildings, sunsets, sunrises, flowers, my recent travels, etc.  I'll shoot anything that inspires me.

Here's where I need help.  I invite you to view my blog on a regular basis, to critique my work.  I want oodles of feedback pouring in.  I need to constantly learn from this blog, because I aim to take exceptional photos.  Expect to hear from me often, either via email or Facebook, sharing photos of things going on in my life and the lives of my loved ones.  I always brag that I'm great at taking photos.  The quality of these photos may not be great, mind you, but I usually have my DSLR or P&S on me and I'm really, really ridiculously good about taking lots of photos.  But I totally lack the discipline to take the time to transfer the files from the memory card to my laptop, organize, and share all the photos I just took.  As of this posting, there are at least 5 people that I owe pictures to. And I owe pictures from almost 2 years ago to one of those people.  Yikes!  I'm hoping this blog will help keep me accountable and more focused when it comes to sharing my photos.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Sassy Kathy









This shameless selfie was taken on my camera phone. 
No critiquing this one, it doesn't count. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment